Hi, my name is Zhang Liming, and in this workshop, I will demonstrate how to make a kiln with sculptures by hand building. This kiln can be used to fire ceramic works. I will also demonstrate how to fire this kiln in the workshop.
In this workshop, we will be doing the following:
- Step 1: We will use hand building to make the main body of the kiln.
- Step 2: We will add sculptures to the main body of the kiln.
- Step 3: We will decorate this sculpture kiln with color.
- Step 4: We will burn the completed sculpture kiln with an electric kiln.
- Step 5: We will use the sculpture kilns to burn ceramic works.
This workshop will teach you how to make a kiln, which can quickly burn products. It integrates sculpture and kiln, and turns the kiln itself into a work.
Required Materials & Equipment List:
- fire clay
- sager clay
- quartz sand
- a piece of cloth
- 50cm long and wide wooden board
- pottery tools
- ceramic underglaze colors (optional)
- several brushes
- metal shovels
- metal clips
- mullite bricks
- temperature display meters
- protective masks
- hairdryer (which can control cold air)
- power strips
- a workbench
- works to be fired
When you buy this workshop, you get:
- Watch my Online Workshop
- The workshop will be around 1 hour long.
- Bonus Q&A
- Join my bonus Q&A where I answered questions about my process face-to-face
- Lifetime Access to the Replays
- The workshop and the Q&A are recorded, and you will have lifetime access to it. You can watch it online, or download it to your device to watch offline at any time.
After this workshop, you could be making amazing work like this:
Zhang Liming now lives in Jingdezhen, China. He is an independent kiln designer. Mainly engaged in the design, construction and firing of firewood kilns. His focus is more on firewood kiln itself than the works in the kiln. He combines sculpture modelling with kiln design to make his own works. Zhang Liming only consider it to be a complete work when his sculpture kiln is used.