Hi, my name is Troy Bungart and In this workshop I am going to share with you how I create and design wooden tools. I will discuss the wood I use and how I source them, as well as my favorite tool shapes and how well-designed tools enhance pottery.
Join me in this workshop to uncover the magic of crafting wooden tools.
When you buy this workshop, you get:
- Instant Access to Watch my pre-recorded Workshop
- The workshop is 50 minutes long.
- You can watch it as soon as you purchase this workshop & login to your account.
- Bonus Q&A
- Watch my bonus Q&A where I answered questions about my process face-to-face
- Lifetime Access to the Replays
- The workshop and the Q&A are recorded, and you will have lifetime access to it. You can watch it online, or download it to your device to watch offline at any time
About Troy Bungart
I have a restless type of energy that always wants to be doing something, making something. I experiment a lot and like variety in my work. I’m interested in everything to do with ceramics: materials, methods and the community of makers. I respect how pottery captures and carries the story of itself. It speaks volumes.
I have three studios I use to create the product lines I sell: A Pottery Studio, a Woodshop for my Pottery Tools, and a Mixed Media studio for my handmade paintbrushes (which is actually a number of spread-out work stations).
My Woodshop is where I individually shape and contour handmade Pottery Tools from a selection of attractive hard woods.
My market niche on high quality pottery tools exists because I don’t treat them as a manufactured commodity. I inadvertently raised the bar well above utility because, though balanced and functional, my tools are as carefully considered, crafted and finished as my other artwork.