Hi, my name’s Meghan Yarnell, and in this workshop, I will teach you how to create simple, but elegant ornaments and magnets using plaster and casting slip with molds that can be used over and over!
In this workshop, we will go over:
- mixing pottery plaster and making the templates,
- carving your ornament designs
- inlay underglaze into the design.
- mixing casting slip
- making the ornaments & magnets.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to create slipcast ornaments and magnets – perfect for christmas decorations or gifts.
- pottery plaster (< 1lb)
- carving tools
- casting slip
- silicone baking molds (optional)
- underglaze (optional)
- cookie cutter (optional)
- kanthal wire/magnets (optional)
After this workshop, you could be making beautiful work like this:
When you buy this workshop, you get:
- Watch my online Workshop on 14th November 2021
- Bonus Q&A – Join in my bonus Q&A where you can ask me questions about my process face-to-face
- Lifetime Access to the Replays – The workshop and the Q&A will be recorded, and you will have lifetime access to it. You can watch it online, or download it to your device to watch offline at any time
About Meghan Yarnell
I received my BFA in 3D studies in 2005 and have been teaching art in a public school and making pots in my basement ever since. I live near Toledo, Ohio with my husband and 3 children.